About the Commission
The Tuscaloosa County Road Improvement Commission was created to provide oversight for the prioritization and financing of public road and bridge construction and maintenance projects that are financed by the tax proceeds allocated for use by the Commission.
The Commission is composed of the following members:
- Tuscaloosa Mayor Walt Maddox – Commission Chairperson
- Northport Mayor Donna Aaron – Commission Vice-Chairperson
- Tuscaloosa County Probate Judge Rob Robertson
- State Representative Chris England
- State Representative Rich Wingo
- Mr. Jim Page, CEO of the West Alabama Chamber of Commerce
- Mr. Claude Edwards, Interim Representative on behalf of the Tuscaloosa County Industrial Development Authority
To read the full text of the Acts creating the Commission, click here.